Reef Octopus Elite 200SSS Space Saver Super Cone Skimmer
The Reef Octopus Elite 200-SSS in-sump protein skimmer supplies powerful filtration for aquariums up to 400 gallons where sumps space may be limited. The Reef Octopus Elite 200-SSS is constructed of high-quality cast acrylic and PVC that disassembles completely for cleaning.
Its unique Super Cone “wine glass” body naturally stabilizes and concentrates the organic rich foam as it rises. Equipped with a controllable Reef Octopus VarioS-4S pinwheel pump with integrated memory controller. This skimmer features a unique “twist and lift” collection cup to make removal and cleaning a simple task, an easy to use vented wedge valve provides precise control, and an underwater outflow for super quiet operation.
A float switch connection, which allows you to connect a float switch (included in the box) to the controller. This is an added security feature that allows you to shut off the skimmer pump when your waste collector is full or shut off your water pump when your sump water has reached a high or low level. In all, you don’t need another module or controller to add a float switch to your system.
- A float switch connection, which allows you to connect a float switch (included in the box) to the controller. This is an added security feature that allows you to shut off the skimmer pump when your waste collector is full or shut off your water pump when your sump water has reached a high or low level. In all, you don’t need another module or controller to add a float switch to your system.
- Two different pause/feed modes that will shut off the pump for either 15 or 60 minute intervals. These come handy when you are feeding the tank or conducting regular maintenance such as a water change.
- And the best feature of the VarioS controller is… a 0-10v input which will allow a 3rd party controller such as Neptune System’s APEX or Reef Angel to take over the pump and tell it what to do. In this mode, the new VarioS controller becomes an interface between the system controller and the pump allowing you to create intricate programs using your system controller native language. This is unprecedented controllability on a skimmer or water pump. In essence, you can use your system controller as your DC pump controller!
The VarioS pump features a true slow startup where the pump slowly ramps up from zero RPM to the full preset speed over a period of approximately 10 seconds.
The pump and controller are connected via a waterproof 3-conductor union. The detachable controller will allow for a simple waterproof union. The volute can rotate to change the pump`s output orientation in 90 degree intervals, meaning users can output water vertically (up or down) as well as horizontally.
- Safe and Efficient 24V Power
- Turbulence Reducing Super Cone Body
- Professional Open Volute – Compact Design
- Solid Cast Acrylic & Machined PVC Construction
- Vented Output Valve with Adjustment Dial
- “Twist & Lift” Collection Cup
- Disassembles for Easy Cleaning & Maintenance
- Efficient, Quiet and Controllable VarioS-2S pump
- 5 Controllable Energy Saving Power Settings
- Detachable Controller with Waterproof Union
- Safety Float Switch
- 0-10v Input for 3rd Party Controller
- Integrated Memory
- Two different pause/feed modes that will shut off the pump for either 15 or 60 minute intervals.
- Super Cone Body: 8.27 to 5.12in
- Footprint: 12.8in x 10in
- Neck Size: 4.75in
- Total Height: 23.6in
- Output Size: 50mm / 1.5in
- Reef Octopus VarioS-4S Pinwheel Pump
- Power Consumption: 25-40watts
- Air Draw: 800-1500 lph / 28-52 SCFH*
- Water Draw: 422gph
- *Air and water results will vary depend
- 400 Gallon – Light Filtration Demand
- 300 Gallon – Medium Filtration Demand
- 200 Gallon – Heavy Filtration Demand